Below you will find a comprehensive outline of EATS 2021 Event Protocols as it pertains to onsite safety & stopping the spread of Covid-19.
Each EATS 2021 attendee must take responsibility for their decision to attend, ensure that they are aware of any restrictions that may apply to them or their country of origin and follow mandated safety protocols.
If you have any concerns or uncertainties regarding travel to Germany we recommend that you check with the German Embassy in your home country.
The Berlin authorities have authorized the running of trade events under the following covid precautions.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Please review the list below prior to traveling to Berlin:
- Make sure you have been fully vaccinated at least two weeks before you travel OR that you have proof of recovery from covid.
- Bring and carry proof of vaccine, or previous recovery, and ID to the event. These will be needed to allow access.
- Bring sufficient face masks for your use during your stay, they are required at the venue. Personal hand sanitizer is also recommended.
- If you are unsure which regulations may apply to your country, or which vaccines are accepted for entry to the EU please check with the German embassy in your home country prior booking and travel.
- The following vaccines, we believe, are currently accepted; Pfizer Biontech, J&J Janssen, Moderna, Astra Zeneca and Covishield (India). See our website here
- If you have any other vaccine or are unvaccinated you will need to be checked for covid infection within 24hours of your arrival at the event ie entry to EATS event space not entry to the hotel, and daily thereafter.
- The German government require us to record the home address, home email and telephone number of all attendees. You can enter your data here.
- All data will be kept secure for thirty days after the event to allow contact tracing if needed. GDPR data security rules will apply and data will be deleted 30 days after the event. I.e. on December 5th
IN BERLIN & ONSITE AT VENUE
The below applies to all attendees; all build up staff and contractors.
If you are a ‘team’ leader please ensure that your extended group is aware of these requirements.
Vaccine & Covid Monitoring:
All attendees will need to prove either 1 or 2 below:
- Proof of Full Vaccination using one of the approved vaccines (see below).
- These vaccines need to have been administered at least two weeks prior to arrival.
- Proof of Recovery from a previous case of Covid-19
The following vaccines are accepted by the EU/Germany
- BioNTech/Pfizer Manufacturing GmbH, Comirnaty (including BNT162b2/COMIRNATY, Tozinameran)
- Janssen-Cilag International NV (Johnson & Johnson)
- Moderna Biotech Spain, S.L., Spikevax (including mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca AB, Schweden, Vaxzevria (including AZD 1222)
- Covishield by the Serum institute of India
Entry to EATS event
- Proof of identity (ie – a government issued ID), plus a Digital (app based) or Physical Print vaccination card or recovery document, issued by your government, will be needed before you can gain access to the EATS event space.
- This monitoring will be carried out on a daily basis, and a color coded wrist band will be issued by Security staff each day.
- Special passes will be issued to build up and break down staff.
Unvaccinated attendees & attendees with different vaccines
We recommend that if you are unvaccinated you do not attend EATS 2021.
- Should you choose to attend you accept that you do so at your own risk and you will be required to present proof of a negative test taken within 24 hours of your arrival at the event itself (not your arrival at the hotel). I.e. before entry to EATS 2021 site.
- Daily tests will be required for the duration of your stay.
- These tests can be administered at the hotel. Please book HERE
- If you receive a positive test result you will be required to isolate in your hotel, until you receive a negative test. The German health authorities will advise of further actions.
EATS REQUIREMENTS & PROTOCOLS
We all want to enjoy the event safely and with minimal risk so we ask all attendees to abide by the following requirements for a safe event issued by the Berlin Govt.
- While moving around the venue masks are required to be worn. The same applies to moving around, and use of the public areas, in the hotel itself.
- Once seated at the conference room or seated for breaks or meals masks can be removed but should replaced as soon you have finished eating or drinking.
- If you are unable to sit while enjoying food or drink we advise social distancing if possible and the use of a mask as soon as possible.
- In the event of these masking guidelines being ignored security maybe involved in ejecting people from the event.
- Please remind each other of the need for safety compliance.
- Regular hand washing is recommended, hand sanitizing stations will be posted around the event.
- If you feel at all unwell please do not attend the event.
- Appointments are required; please check the costs involved.
- PCR tests are also available at Berlin Brandenburg Airport with results in under 30 minutes; DETAILS HERE
- Details for the Kreuzberg center, about 20 minutes from the EATS venue by taxi, offering results within 3.5hrs; DETAILS HERE
- Can be arranged at the hotel by appointment; please be sure to arrange testing in time to secure results before departure; DETAILS HERE